Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Mint Chocolate Chip Cupcakes







I have been CRAVING Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream since I saw a post on Pinterest for a Mint Chocolate Chip Pie! Weird, cause I am normally not a fan of mint and chocolate together unless it's Peppermint Patty! I still haven't bought the ice cream, but I did decide to try a Mint Chocolate Chip Cupcake in an attempt to kick my craving. It worked! This is a good cupcake!



A co-worker mine is a huge fan of mint chocolate, and she recommended a dark chocolate cupcake. I was thinking the same thing. Add some espresso powder to this cupcake, and I think it would be perfect! Or you could try the recipe I posted for the chocolate espresso cupcake under "Caramel Frappuccino Cupcakes". I think this would be perfect paired with the mint buttercream.



The mint buttercream is very light and creamy! I think this is the perfect buttercream recipe!

Adapted from Bakersroyale

Makes 20-24 cupcakes

Ingredients
Chocolate Cupcakes:
1 cup sour cream
1 tsp baking soda
2 cups flour (I used all purpose)
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 cup unsalted butter
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1 tsp salt
2 eggs plus 2 egg yolks
1 tsp vanilla

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees

2. Mix sour cream and baking soda in a bowl and set aside

3. Sift flour and cocoa powder together in a bowl and set aside

4. In a separate bowl, beat butter and sugars until fluffy

5. Add in salt and mix well

6. Add in eggs and mix well

7. Add egg yolks and vanilla and mix well

8. Use a spatula to fold in sour cream mixture and flour mixture, alternating until just combined

9. Fill cupcake liners 2/3 of the way full

10. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean

11. Cool before icing

12. ENJOY!!!

Mint Buttercream:
1 cup butter
4 cups confectioners sugar
1 tsp vanilla
4 tbsp whipping cream
1/3 cup crush Andes Mints or 1.5 tsp cream de menthe (I used mint extract)

Beat butter and sugar in a bowl until fluffy
Add vanilla and whipping cream until combined
Fold in Andes Mints or beat in extract

*I added a touch of green food coloring to change the color of the buttercream!

Garnish with Andes Mints or mini chocolate chips!*

No comments:

Post a Comment