Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Sweet Corn Bread Muffins



Not what you expected huh? A muffin...with no chocolate...no sprinkles....no caramel..? I was starting to go into diabetic shock, so I decided to bake something a little less sweet. Note..."a little less sweet". These are still plenty sweet with the white and brown sugar, and a perfect side for just about any dinner! Give them a try. I know you'll love them! I do!




Ingredients:
1 cup sweet corn (I used about 1 1/2 cups)
3/4 cup corn meal
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
2 eggs
1/4 tsp salt
2/3 cup oil
1/2 tsp baking soda
3/4 cup milk

*You could also add cheese! I love love love cheese, but my boyfriend isn't a fan. So I left the cheese out**

Directions:


1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees and grease cupcake pan

2. Cream oil and sugar in a bowl. Beat in eggs and salt. Mix in cornmeal, baking soda, flour, and milk. Fold in corn.

3. Pour batter into cupcake wells and bake until golden brown and toothpick comes out clean (about 22 minutes)

4. ENJOY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment