Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Donuts EASY PEASY






I am obsessed with this donut shop that opened in Gloucester, Sunrise Donuts. They have the most creative flavor combos! I thought, "How awesome would it be to make my own donuts?!" Turns out, I should stick to the other sweets! I found an easy Paula Deen recipe for biscuit dough donuts. I attempted to fry two of the donuts, but they turned dark brown very quickly. I cut one open and the middle was not cooked, so I threw them aside, became irritated, and threw the rest in the oven to bake. My boyfriend came in and ate both fried donuts. The one portion of the donut I cut into was uncooked, but the rest of the donut was perfect. They tasted great! I may have had the grease too hot, so if I ever attempt these again, doubtful, then I will fry them with the grease at a lower temp. Here's what I did with the baked donuts....

Directions:


Cut holes in the biscuit dough circles (I used a cap to a pepper shaker)


Bake biscuit dough as directed on the can


You can even bake the cut out centers for donut holes


Frost or decorate donuts as desired


*I used butter, confectioners sugar, and milk for a glaze and man was it good! I do not have exact measurements, but I used about 2 tbsp of melted butter, 1 cup of confectioners sugar, and enough milk to make the icing smooth.*


*I also used 1 cup confectioners sugar, 1/8 cup cocoa powder, 1/2 tsp vanilla, and 2.5 tbsp milk for a chocolate icing.*


*I brushed melted butter on some donuts and rolled them in a sugar and cinnamon mixture, and these turned out very good.*


*These make a fun and easy snack for kids, even if baked! They would also be fun for breakfast! I would recommend trying one of my other recipes when entertaining adult friends... They may not be too impressed with these although they look awesome*

No comments:

Post a Comment