Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Blueberry Bread Minis








So my boyfriend tends to come up with these awesome recipe ideas (insert sarcasm here). Example: Crushed up tortilla chips and salsa on a flour tortilla, Crunchy taco shells with cinnamon and sugar on a flour tortilla...you get my drift... So when he comes up with my next "awesome dessert idea" I tend to tune him out, but he continued to ask me to make him a blueberry and walnut cake. Finally I gave in, although I was not fond of the idea of blueberry and walnuts together. Here's what I came up with....



Adapted from plainchicken..com

Ingredients:
2/3 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup milk
1/2 cup oil
2 large eggs
2 1/4 cups white flour
1 cup rolled oats
3 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup blueberries
1 tbsp turbinado sugar

1/2 cup walnuts chopped

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease loaf pan (I used mini loaf pans and it made 4)

2. Mix sugar, oil, milk, and eggs with mixer

3. Mix in remaining ingredients except for blueberries

4. Fold in blueberries

5. Pour in loaf pans and sprinkle sugar on top

6. Bake 40-45 minutes until tester comes out clean

7. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan

8. ENJOY!!!

*Note: This is more like a bread than a cake. The oats dry it out some. Nick said he really enjoyed eating it with his coffee, and the blueberries help to keep it moist. Side note: I am very happy that Nick is a coffee drinker now. He can understand my request to be left alone and not spoken to until my first cup of coffee:)

No comments:

Post a Comment