Sunday, January 22, 2012

Elmo Cupcakes




HOW.CUTE.ARE.THESE.CUPCAKES?


I attended an Elmo themed birthday party for Cavern, who is turning two years old this weekend. Since I'm on this cupcake kick, I totally wanted to make him some Sesame Street cupcakes to fit the theme of the party!

Cavern's parents, Chad and Rebecca, went all out with the Sesame Street/Elmo theme, and it looked awesome! It was nice to see all of the kids having so much fun! Everyone, including the adults, had a good time. Oh, and my cupcakes were a hit!











Seriously, how cute is he???


Lets get to the how to....

You can use any of your favorite cake and icing recipes for this cupcake. Just make sure you use a white icing in order to color it Red for Elmo's face. I made a sour cream white cake withvanilla frosting. YUM!


Here's what you will need to make Elmo:

1. Chocolate Chips (for his eyes)
2. Marshmallows (for his eyes)
3. Chocolate cookies, halved (for his mouth)
4. Orange candies, skittles, gumballs, M&Ms, jelly beans (for his nose)


*I would recommend that you use a gel food coloring because the icing will need to be dark and the regular red food coloring make the icing a little soft*


I used icing as glue to attach the chips to the marshmallows and ensure everything else was glued on*




Check out my "Recipes" page to learn how to make the Cookie Monster Cupcakes!






Try these for your next kids birthday party and let me know how they turn out! I know they will be a hit! They are just too darn cute not to fall in love with!


No comments:

Post a Comment