Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Pumpkin Cupcakes with Maple Cream Cheese Frosting







Fall is in the air..no matter how much I rake my yard it still looks like one big pile of leaves, the nuts are falling off of the trees putting tiny little dents in my car, my dog and my boyfriend are tracking leaves throughout the house, I have to get up early enough to start my car before going to work...ugh Fall is in the air.

On a positive note...it's time for all of my FAVORITE pumpkin dishes, pumpkin pie, pumpkin dip, gooey pumpkin cake...and my newest love, PUMPKIN CUPCAKES!

This recipe for pumpkin cupcakes came from Food Network.

Ingredients:
1 c. all purpose flour
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ground ginger
1/2 tsp. allspice
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1 stick butter, softened
1/2 c. sugar
1/2 c. canned pure pumpkin puree
1 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract


Frosting:
1 8 oz. block cream cheese
2 tablespoons butter, room temp.
2 tablespoons maple syrup (I used pancake syrup. Turned out great!)
2 cups powdered sugar



Directions:

1. Preheat oven 350 degrees, line cupcake pan with paper liners


2. Mix flour, cinnamon, ginger, allspice, nutmeg, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl


3. In a different bowl, add butter and sugar and cream together until fluffy


4. Then beat in the pumpkin and vanilla into the sugar mixture. Slowly beat the eggs in


5. Once mixed well, add the flour mix into the sugar mix and mix until well blended


6. Fill the cupcake wells until about 1/2 full


7. Bake for about 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean


8. Cool before frosting

9. ENJOY!



Makes about 12 cupcakes



*For the frosting, mix cream cheese, butter, vanilla, and syrup. Slowly add the confectioners sugar until well blended*

Tip: These cupcakes turned out super yummy, but they did not rise as much as I thought they would. I would recommend filling the cupcake wells about 3/4 of the way full. Also, the cupcakes seperated from the paper liners, but I haven't figured out why...maybe my butter wasn't soft enough???



Pin It



No comments:

Post a Comment