Friday, December 30, 2011

Brownie Chocolate Chip Cheesecake



Recipe adapted from Foodnetwork.com, Eagle Brand Recipe

SWEET JESUS! You are in for a real treat with this one! This is BY FAR the best cheesecake I have ever tasted! I was sooooo excited when I took the sides off of the springform pan and saw how beautiful this cake turned out!

I couldn't get this bad boy on the table quick enough to show it off. I was sooo proud of this cake. It turned out so moist and rich. I love the difference in textures too...the creaminess of the cheesecake and the crunch in the chocolate chip...Score!

This cheesecake is sure to impress! It looks beautiful but surprisingly is not that hard to make.

Ingredients:
Pillsbury Classic Fudge Brownie
3 (8 0z.) blocks of cream cheese
1 (14 oz) can Sweetened Condensed Milk
3 large eggs
2 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips (I used regular size chocolate chips because I could not find mini chips and it turned out great)

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees

2. Spray 9 inch springform pan with nonstick cooking spray

3. Prepare brownies according to box instructions for "chewy" brownies

4. Spread brownie mix evenly in pan

5. Bake for 35 minutes or until set

6. Beat cream cheese until fluffy

7. Gradually beat in sweetened condensed milk

8. Beat in eggs and vanilla until mixed well

9. Stir in chocolate chips

10. Pour batter into prepared pan

11. Reduce oven temperature to 300 degrees

12. Bake for 50 minutes or until set (Mine took about 1 hour)

13. Cool and Chill

14. Remove side of pan and garnish as desired

15. ENJOY!!!

**I garnished my cheesecake with mini chocolate curls. To make chocolate curls use a vegetable peeler and run it down the edge of a chocolate bar. If the chocolate is too cool or too warm it will not work. Make sure the chocolate is a little cooler than room temperature.**

**Jiggle the pan before taking it out of the oven. You should be able to tell if the cheesecake is set. If the cheesecake is not set then the middle will jiggle a lot....a little tip my mom gave me.**




No comments:

Post a Comment