Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Peanut Butter Blossoms


I love love love this time of year! I soooo enjoy baking for my friends, family, and neighbors. I made two batches of these bad boys and shared them with my loved ones. They were a hit! Who doesn't love peanut butter blossoms. I mean, seriously? I love these little cookies like WHOA!

Adapted From Hersey's

Ingredients:
3/4 cup peanut butter (creamy)
1/3 cup light brown sugar
2 tbsp milk
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup shortening
1/3 cup sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees and unwrap Hersey's kisses

2. Beat shortening and peanut butter until well blended

3. Add sugar and brown sugar and mix until fluffy

4. Beat in egg

5. Beat in flour, baking soda, and salt

6. Shape dough into balls and bake an inch apart on a cookie sheet

7. Bake 8-10 minutes or until light brown

8. Immediately press kisses into the center of the cookies

9. Cool completely

10. ENJOY!!

* Hersey's instructs you to roll the dough in granulated sugar before baking, but I skipped this step. This recipe is supposed to make about 4 dozen, but I made my cookies a little bigger and got about 3 dozen. **



No comments:

Post a Comment