Thursday, December 8, 2011
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brown Butter Cupcakes
CHOCOLATE COOKIE DOUGH CUPCAKE? GENIUS!
WOW best cupcake EVER! I didn't think these would be my fav, but I made them because my guy loves cookie dough. Turns out, my new FAV!
I stumbled upon an awesome website, cupcakeproject.com and found this recipe. You can use any cupcake recipe with this icing and filling.
These are great for kids or you can pretty them up for your pals! Who doesn't love cookie dough right?!?!
Here's the recipe!
Brown Butter Cupcake:
1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
3/4 cup self rising cake flower (I could not find cake flour, so I just used Pillsbury Self Rising Flour...not sure if there is a difference, but worked great!)
3 tablespoons sugar
5 tablespoons brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
2-3 tablespoons milk
1. Brown the butter. Place butter in a sauce pan on medium heat and cooking until it turns a golden brown color. Stirring constantly.
2. Take the pan off of the heat and strain the butter into a bowl to remove sediment
3. Let the butter sit until it solidifies
4. When the butter is solid but soft, place in a food processor along with all of the cupcakes ingredients except milk.
5. Mix ingredients and add milk slowly until well mixed
6. Pour into cupcake wells about half way
7. Bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes
8. When cupcakes cool, use a knife to cut out the centers
9. Place a ball of cookie dough in the middle
10. Cover the hole with the cake removed
Cookie Dough (egg free):
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup of unsalted butter (melted)
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla
4 tablespoons milk
Any amount of chocolate (I used chocolate chips)
Mix 1 cup cookie dough with 1 cup heavy whipping cream
Tip: I topped my cupcakes with a chocolate chip and shredded chocolate but you could also top them with cookie dough balls
I made 7 cupcakes with this recipe. I probably could have made 8 or 9 but I don't have a food processor so I used my smoothie maker. When I poured the batter out, there was batter in the bottom of the mixer that was not mixed well so I threw it out.
These are going to be a hit!!