Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Mousse

I am the BIGGEST peanut butter fan EVER, so when I found this recipe in my new Pampered Chef cookbook I was sooo excited to try it! These are sooo good. The peanut butter mousse is light and fluffy and delicious!

The recipe makes 12, but I messed 5 of these up:( After all that hard work! And these are NOT easy to make. I was upset to say the least. I made these to give to my supervisor for her birthday, and she has to like them. They are too good not to L.O.V.E!

Here's how to make them!


1 11.5 oz. bag of milk chocolate morsels
3/4 cup butter (1 1/2 sticks)
4 tablespoons light corn syrup

1 cup milk chocolate morsels
1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons peanut butter
3 tablespoons butter
3 egg yolks
2 tablespoons sugar
3/4 cup heavy whipping cream

1. For glaze, combine chocolate and butter in double boiler. Stir occasionally for 3 to 4 minutes until the chocolate is mostly melted. Remove from heat and stir in corn syrup.

2. Scoop enough glaze into a silicone floral cupcake pan. Use a basting brush and cover the sides of the wells. Refrigerate 5-10 minutes and repeat. Set remaining glaze aside.

3. Mousse-place chocolate, peanut butter, and butter in bowl and microwave for 1.5 minutes on high uncovered. Stir every 30 seconds. Stir until smooth. Set aside.

4. Whisk egg yolks and sugar in clean double boiler bowl. Cook on medium-high, whisking, until thermometer reads 140 degree F or 60 degrees C.

5. Pour egg mixture into mixing bowl and beat at medium speed slowly adding the chocolate mousse mixture.

6. Use clean beaters and beat the heavy whipping cream on medium-high speed until soft peeks are formed.

7. Fold whipped cream into chocolate mixture.

8. Spoon mousse into cupcake wells.

9. Reheat chocolate glaze for just a few seconds and pour the glaze over the mousse.

10. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours.

11. Turn the pan over on cutting board and press gently on wells to remove cakes.

12. ENJOY!

TIPS: I do not have a double boiler, so I used a stainless bowl and a sauce pan, it worked just fine ALTHOUGH this is how I messed up some of my cakes! Grrr! When I was tilting the pan to get all of the chocolate out of the pan, I poured water over a few of the wells:( Ugh, so sad! These things are FREAKING HARD to make!

Also, I sprayed the wells with nonstick cooking spray. Probably a bad idea. I think this made it hard for the chocolate to stick to the side of the wells. Directions do not instruct you to spray the wells, but I have never used a silicone pan before, so I did not know what to expect. I do not think that they will stick if you dont spray the wells.

No comments:

Post a Comment