Monday, December 12, 2011

PB&J Cupcakes




Aren't these just a cup full of cake fun?!?!

Seriously...I am out of control!!! I may need an intervention for all of this baking. I will be in gym overload as long as this baking blog keeps up!

Last night I made PB&J Cupcakes. I got the idea from, my sorority sister, Tori's blog. What an awesome idea! I made these yesterday, and my boyfriend's 6 year old son helped me put the icing on the cupcakes. It was such a fun project for the two of us!

I am ADDICTED to peanut butter, so I thought these cupcakes would be PERFECT!

I used a yellow cake recipe that I pulled from Tori's blog, the-sugarcoated.blogspot.com. Here is the recipe:

Ingredients:
1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup sugar
6 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
2 large eggs, room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/3 cup milk

Preserves for filling, you choose the flavor!

For icing:
1 Cup Peanut butter
1 Cup Confectioners sugar
1/4 Cup + 2 tablespoons Heavy Whipping Cream
4 tablespoons butter

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees (I filled some of the cupcakes instead of cutting them in half. If you want to cut them in half and fill them, do not use liners. Just spray a cupcake pan.)

2. Mix flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl

3. In a different bowl beat the sugar and butter together until well mixed

4. Add milk, vanilla, and eggs until well mixed

5. Slowly add the flour mixture to the wet sugar mixture

6. Pour into cupcake pan evenly

7. Bake 18-20 minutes

8. Cool before frosting and filling

9. Enjoy!

*I used a piping bag to fill some of the cupcakes. Some of them I cut in half and spread Smuckers Red Raspberry Preserves between the halves (like a sandwich). Then frost the tops!

Tip: If I make these again I will use more preserves. More preserves would balance out the peanut butter icing, but it's all in what you like!









No comments:

Post a Comment