They are even better than they look! Hard to believe, huh?
I am a huge fan of white chocolate! Anything would be better dipped in white chocoloate. I seriously thought that the white chocolate Reese Cups and and Kit Kats were made for me. When I saw this recipe in a Pampered Chef cookbook I bought, I knew I had to try it! I love love love Lindt Truffles, especially the white chocolate truffles, but I think this cupcake would also be super tasty if you threw in a chocolate truffle...maybe I will try it.
This is a very light and moist cupcake. The white chocolate cream cheese frosting is to die for! It is the best frosting I have made! I was eating spoon fulls of the icing, and cleaned the bowl with my fingers. The truffle filling is so gooey. I love the difference in textures this cupcake offers! I am positive that you will too!
I didn't even own a mixer when I started this blog. I was using a smoothie maker and fork to mix my ingredients. Well, this girl is getting serious! I bought a Kitchenaid Mixer! I freaking love it! Everyone should own one!
I'm in love with my new mixer!!!
1 3/4 cup cake flour
2 tsp baking powder
2/3 cup whole milk
1/2 tsp double strength vanilla
4 egg whites, room temperature
6 tbsp butter, softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup sour cream
12 round dark or white chocolate truffles, unwrapped
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees
2. Whisk flour and baking powder in a small bowl
3. Combine milk and vanilla in a bowl
5. In a stainless mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugar until fluffy
6. Beat in sour cream until smooth
7. On medium speed add flour mixture in three additions alternating with milk
8. Beat in 1/3 of the egg whites
9. Fold in remaining egg whites
10. Divide batter among lined cupcake wells
11. Bake about 17 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean
12. While cupcakes are still hot, core cupcakes or cut an "x" in the tops and push a truffle into the cupcake
13. Cool before frosting
White Chocolate Cream Cheese Icing
1. Place chocolate in a small micro-cooker in the microwave for 1 1/2 minutes to melt chocolate
2. Beat butter, cream cheese, vanilla, and while chocolate with a mixer
3. Slowly add powdered sugar until well blended
*I garnished my cupcakes with white chocolate hearts. Place melted chocolate in a piping bag and snip a tiny hole in the end. Pipe hearts on wax paper and allow to cool.*
Check out this cool little tool I purchased at amazon.com! It cores cupcakes in seconds. I was skeptic about buying it in the beginning, but it had really good reviews. I decided to purchase it after I made 60 cupcakes for a meeting at work and had to core about 30 cupcakes to stuff them with chocolate chip cookie dough. It is awesome, and allows you to core cupcakes in seconds! Give it a try!