Yes, that really is as good as it looks! I feel too guilty to say this out loud, but I was eating the left over icing right out of the bowl with a spatula. And I was dredging the cupcake through it like it was a chip in dip. I was up to my elbows in strawberry cream cheese icing, but I loved every second of it! Today....treadmill.
These would be so cute to give to that special loved one on Valentines day. I've found so many cute Valentine's Day themed cupcake boxes that would be perfect to give these in! I bought several packages of cupcakes boxes at Dollar Tree and Wal-mart also carries them. Nothing is better than giving baked goods as gifts!
Here's how you make them!
1 box devils food cake mix
1/2 cup oil
1 cup buttermilk
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line cupcake pan
2. Mix ingredients together with electric mixer for 2 minutes
3. Fill cupcake wells about 2/3 full
4. Bake about 18 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean
5. Cool completely before frosting
How pretty are these?
Strawberry Cream Cheese Icing
adapted from cupcake project
1/4 cup butter at room temperature
8 oz cream cheese at room temperature
1/2 cup pureed strawberries
4 cups powdered sugar
1. Cream butter and cream cheese
2. Add strawberries
3. Add powdered sugar until desired consistency