Tuesday, February 28, 2012
Mini Raspberry Cheesecakes
I know I'm on a roll with these mini cheesecakes, but who doesn't love cheesecake? I used one basic cheesecake recipe to make lots of different little cheesecakes. This was one of my favs! You could use fresh raspberries also, but the preserves are easy peasy and so good!
Cheesecake Recipe adapted from Annies-Eats http://annies-eats.com/
For the Cheesecake
2 lbs. cream cheese, at room temperature
1½ cups sugar
Pinch of salt
1 tsp. vanilla extract
4 large eggs, at room temperature
For the crust:
1½ cups graham cracker crumbs
4 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
3 tbsp. sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 325˚ F.
2. Line cupcake pans with paper liners.
3. In a small bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, melted butter and sugar.
4. Stir together with a fork until well blended and all the dry ingredients are moistened.
5. Press 1 tablespoon of the mixture into the bottom of each cupcake liner.
6. Bake for 5 minutes.
7. Beat the cream cheese on medium-high speed in the bowl of an electric mixer until fluffy.
8. Beat in the sugar until smooth.
9. Beat in the salt and vanilla.
10. Beat in the eggs one at a time until mixed well.
11. Pour batter over the graham cracker crust until the well is about 2/3 full.
12. Place about 1/2 teaspoon of raspberry jam in several spots over the cheesecake.
13. Use a toothpick to marble the raspberry throughout the cheesecake.
14. Bake for 20-22 minutes.
15. Cool and chill before serving.