MOVE OVER LITTLE DEBBIE!
There are very few things in this world that I love more than a Little Debbie Oatmeal Cream Pie! They are my happy place...they normally don't make it out of the car and into the house before they are open and I am stuffing my face. I have loved them since I was a little girl and my mom and dad used to pack them in my lunch box. Some things never get old!
This is a super easy recipe that everyone will love! Make them for special occasions at work, kids sleepovers, family functions...or anything else!
Adapted from food.com
1 cup margarine
3/4 cup dark brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1 tablespoon molasses
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
1 1/2 cups quick oats
2 teaspoons very hot water
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 (7 ounce) jar marshmallow cream
1/3; cup powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1. In large bowl, cream margarine, sugars, molasses, vanilla, and eggs.
2. Combine flour, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon.
3. Add to the creamed mixture; mix in the oats.
4. Drop dough by TBSP on ungreased sheets.
5. Bake at 350°F for 10-12 minutes,or until just starting to brown around the edges. They will look moist; don't overcook.
6. To make the filling, in small bowl, dissolve the salt in the hot water. Allow this to cool.
7. Combine marshmallow cream, shortening, powdered sugar, and vanilla in med bowl; mix on hi until fluffy. Add the cooled salt water and mix well.
8. Spread filling on flat side of one cookie, press second cookie on top.
9. ENJOY!!! I KNOW YOU WILL!