Saturday, February 18, 2012

Valentine's Day Sugar Cookie Pops


Sorry it's been a while! I am in my last semester of course work (minus 2 electives and 1 internship that I start this summer), and it's kicking my butt! If I didn't work full time then it would be more manageable, but I've got a mortgage to pay! I have a paper due on Monday, so I have been writing most of the day. I plan to get to baking tonight after I finish this paper, but I need to catch you up on what I have been up to!

These are super cute! And what a great gift idea?!?! These make the perfect Valentine's Day gifts! You could use different cut outs and make them for birthdays or any other holiday or special occasion!



You can use my recipe for sugar cookies from an earlier post, or you can use store bought sugar cookie dough. So these can be super simple to make!



I found that it is easy to roll sugar cookie dough if you place the ball of dough on wax paper and cover it with wax paper, rolling the dough between wax paper.



Directions:
1. Roll out the dough (do not make the dough too thin)

2. Cut desired shapes

3. Before removing the cut outs off of the wax paper, press a lollipop stick into the back of the cookie



4. Cover the portion of the stick that was pressed into the cookie with sugar cookie dough (press edges of dough into the cutout until smooth)



5. Place cookie on baking sheet

6. Cook 8-10 minutes until cookie edges are golden brown

7. Decorate as desired

*To make icing, mix powdered sugar, a touch of vanilla, and milk until desired consistency. Add milk 1/2 tsp at a time because a little goes a long way!*

To make these tiny hearts, place a small drop of icing on the cookie and starting above the drop of icing, run a toothpick through the icing






I used sugar cookie pops, candy coated marshmallows and homemade lollipops to complete this sugar cute Valentine's Day gift basket!

No comments:

Post a Comment