Friday, November 11, 2011

Coconut Pie


So, I made first made this delicious coconut pie when I met my boyfriend and learned that he loves coconut. I got this recipe from my mom, but I added a little more coconut than she does. My mom always says, "The way to a man's heart is through his stomach." I made this pie every week when my boyfriend and I started dating. He couldn't get enough!

Ingredients:

2/3 c. sugar
1 c. evaporated milk
1 jumbo egg
2/3 teaspoon cornstarch
1 1/4 c. coconut
1/4 c. melted butter
1 pie crust (frozen)

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees

2. Mix dry ingredients (sugar and cornstarch) together in one bowl

3. In a separate bowl mix the vanilla, egg, and evaporated milk

4. Mix the two bowls together

5. Lastly, add the coconut and melted butter

6. Mix well

7. Bake at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes. The coconut should be golden brown

8. ENJOY!

Tip: I combined all of the wet and dry ingredients in one bowl together before adding the coconut to avoid having to wash more dishes.  Lazy? No.  I just HATE washing dishes and I don't have a diswasher.  Maybe Santa will bring me one...  Anyway, the pie turned out wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment