Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Chocolate fudge cake pops





My research teacher made the class cake pops over the summer, and OH MY GOSH I fell in love! Cake pops are so fun! I had no idea how popular they were prior to making them. No everywhere I go I see books for making and decorating cake pops. I even saw a device to cook cake pops...crazy how popular these little things are. But seriously understandable because they are freaking DELICIOUS!

I did not follow a recipe with these. I just used a basic store bought cake mix and frosting and went out on a limb....but...YUM!

This recipe is so delicious! I love the contrast between the moist cake on the inside and the hard chocolate coating on the outside. I used half of the recipe below to make cake pops and the other half I used to bake cupcakes! This is such a fun recipe!

Ingredients:Chocolate cake mix (plus ingredients needed to make the mix that you have)
1 container of chocolate fudge frosting
Milk Chocolate melts (I use Wiltons)
Vanilla candy melts
Candy sticks

Directions:

1. Follow directions to prepare and cook the cake mix that you choose

2. Allow the cake to cool completely

3. Mix the cake and a container of chocolate fudge icing until smooth

4. Roll into balls, place sticks in the balls, and place in the freezer until firm


5. Heat chocolate melts in the microwave for 30 seconds at a time until smooth

6. Dip the balls in the chocolate until coated and allow to cool

Tip: You can stick the cake pop sticks into Styrofoam and allow them to cool. You can also place them on wax paper. I heated vanilla melts until smooth and drizzled over the hard chocolate!




1 comment: