Monday, March 5, 2012

Whoopie Pies


Mmmmmm Don't these look yummy??




What a weekend! So one of my best friends and sorority sister, Kaitlyn, came home from Austria last week to visit. Yea, Austria...she moved there for work. My friends are so fab! I'm super jeal! Anyway, we shopped all day on Saturday and had a super sexy photo shoot.....see for yourself! Sooo much fun!


We questioned if anyone actually wears these things for any event other than tacky hat day?? Then it hit me, I could see many of the Southern Baptist women who attend church with me praising the good Lord wearing one of these bad boys!
I was so tempted to buy one of these hats just in case I ever get the oppurtunity to attend the Kentucky Derby or some other glamourous event where I could pull it off. A few were actually cute....Example #1....

Example #2


Example #3


Ha got ya! So I was joking about Example #3...

Moving on...

I planned on making some banana split cupcakes last night, but I was CRAVING chocolate so I decide to try Whoopie pies. Yes, craving chocolate. I have been complaining about needing to get back into shape before bikini season, and I am devouraring Whoopie pies as we speak. Don't judge.

I had never tried Whoopie Pies before, but they seem to be becoming very popular so I gave them a shot.

They are one of my new favs! I love the moist cake-like cookie with the cream filling. Pair it with a glass of milk and HEAVEN! I recommend that you give these a try too!

This recipe is from http://www.foodnetwork.com/
Ingredients:
3 cups sugar
1 cup butter
4 eggs
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
6 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/2 tablespoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
3 cups milk
Filling, recipe follows

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, or preheat a convection oven to 315 degrees F.

2. In a large bowl of an electric mixer, beat the sugar, butter, and eggs together until well combined. Add the oil and vanilla and beat again.

3. In a separate bowl, combine all of the dry ingredients. Add half of the dry mixture to the egg mixture and beat or stir to blend. Add 1 1/2 cups milk and beat again. Add the remaining dry mixture and beat until incorporated. Add the remaining 1 1/2 cups milk and beat until blended.

4. With a large spoon, scoop out 32 circles of batter onto a baking sheet. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Let cool.

5. Spread filling onto 16 circles and place remaining circles on top.

6. ENJOY!!

Filling:
1 1/2 cups shortening

3 cups confectioners' sugar

1 1/3 cups marshmallow topping

Dash salt

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1/3 to 1/2 cup milk

In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine all ingredients except the milk and beat well. Add just enough milk to achieve a creamy consistency. Spread filling across cooled cookie circles.

*I halfed this recipe and it made 13 big Whoopie Pies*

That's my sweetie Nick. He doesn't even like Whoopie Pies, but he's a damn good sport.

No comments:

Post a Comment