Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Banana Split Cupcakes



My narcissistic boyfriend thinks he is the master of EVERYTHING...including cupcakes. Seriously, the boy has never browned hamburger meat, but suddenly nobody knows how to cook better than him. I don't get it. I am always staring at him in amazement over his arrogance...although it makes me laugh. He had a "much better idea" than I did about how to decorate BANANA SPLIT cupcakes. His idea was to top a banana cupcake with strawberries...Ummmm helloooooo! That would make a strawberry banana cupcake, not a banana split cupcake.... buttttttt I digress. HERE IS HIS CUPCAKE:

Note: I added the pretty strawberry on the side for photo purposes....

ANYWAY...

Lets get to the how to. For the banana cupcake recipe you must give credit to one of my favorite cupcake bloggers, Kristan, over at confessionsofacookbookqueen.com



For the icing and toppings I got a little creative, see below.

Banana Cupcakes:
1 box Duncan Hines French Vanilla Cake Mix
1 stick butter, melted
4 eggs
3/4 cup water
2 medium sized ripe bananas, mashed

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350 and line muffin tin

2. Beat all of the ingredients together

3. Pour into wells and bake for 15 minutes or until tops spring back when touched slightly

I made homemade vanilla whipped cream for the icing by beating 1 cup of heavy whipping cream on high speed until fluffy and light. I added about a teaspoon of vanilla and about 1 tablespoon of powdered sugar. I folded in crushed pineapple and finely chopped strawberries to taste.

I topped the whipped cream with a chocolate syrup, sprinkles, and a cherry!






ENJOY!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment