Friday, December 2, 2011

BANGIN Banana Bread Minis




Gotta love Banana Bread! It's awesome for breakfast, dessert, or a snack. You can eat it warm or cold, with butter or without. You can make banana bread muffins or loafs...what a versatile little food! I like my banana bread with walnuts, but you could use pecan or leave the nuts out all together. My boyfriend is ALWAYS asking me to bake Banana Bread. He was a HUGE FAN of this recipe! This banana bread didn't last long around my house! I used mini loaf pans and wrapped each mini loaf separately for him to take to work for breakfast...cuteness.

Oh, and sorry the pics are so bad. I couldn't find my camera and had to use my cell phone camera...

I altered a recipe from Allrecipes.com and came up with this....

Ingredients

2 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon of salt
1/2 cup butter (room temp)
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs 2 1/2 cups bananas (mashed)
1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees

2. Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl

3. Cream together butter and brown sugar

4. Stir walnuts into the butter and brown sugar mixture

5. Add the dry mix to the wet mix and mix together

6. Fold in mashed bananas

7. Pour into a greased loaf pan (I used mini loaf pans, makes 4)

8. Bake for about 60 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean (Bake time will be shorter if you use mini loaf pans like I did, hence "Banana Bread Minis")

9. Enjoy!

Tip: Peel and freeze bananas too ripe for your taste. Allow them to defrost and use them in Banana Bread. Works great!
Also, ripe bananas work best in Banana Bread!


No comments:

Post a Comment